Help the Artist Movement in the Antelope Valley
As you may or may not know, Antelope Valley Art (and everything we do) is run entirely by volunteers. One of our main goals is to develop a more cohesive art scene here in the Antelope Valley.
There are artists here. There are creative events happening. We just don’t know each other and we aren’t hearing about the events. And, really, that’s just not cool. So, my dear new friends, help us, help you. This project will not survive if we all don’t band together to make it happen.
So dig in, pull out your inner love-child, and let’s get to work.
Volunteer with Antelope Valley Art (AVArt.org)
- Setup: Decorating and setting up the venue the day of the event. Must be able to lift somewhat-heavy objects, climb ladders, bend down, and stand/walk for 2-3 hours.
- Cleanup: Taking down, organizing, and packing decorations. This will be late at night, after the event is over, and/or the next day if needed. Must be able to lift somewhat-heavy objects, climb ladders, bend down, and stand/walk for about 2 hours.
- Check-in: Greeting guests and checking them in, providing general info. Must be able to quickly find names in alphabetical order, read small printed text, and sit/stand for 1-2 hours.
- Red Carpet Photographer: Professionally photographing guests against the sponsor wall using a tripod and flash. Photographer will be given full credit for the photos he/she takes, but cannot use a watermark. Must have own camera and be able to stand for up to 2 hours.
- Ticket Sales: Selling guests drink tickets (card transactions), and tickets for the prize drawings (cards and cash). We will train you on how to use the Square, and you will be checking IDs. Must be able to count money, read small printed text, and sit for up to 2 hours.
- Silent Auction: Serving champagne and greeting guests during the VIP hour. Must be able to stand for 1 hour.
- Input events into our Events Calendar
- Take photos at local arts & cultural events (e.g., exhibitions, concerts, craft fairs, theatre, etc)
- Write blog entries about arts & cultural events
Quarterly Artists’ Profiles Workshops
- Assist fellow creatives write their Artist Profile for AVArt.org
- Help photograph artists’ work to display on AVArt.org
- Design – Help design any and all of everything!!!
- Other stuff I can’t think of
- Social Media – Populate and maintain our social media accounts with links promoting AVArt.org, the work of AV Artists, & AV Art
- Dare I say, Pinterest?!
- Ad Sales
- Flyer & Poster (Paper Media) Distribution
- Email Distribution – Sending monthly emails/newsletters to our peeps
Gallery at Courson Arts Colony
- Assist with art installation, gallery supervision & maintenance
- Exhibition writing and programming
- If you can think of something else not listed, let us know!